9 Inspiring Quotes about Yoga
Posted on April 26 2017
Yoga is more than exercise and taking a few deep breaths. Yoga quietens the mind while adjusting the body and lifting the spirit. It is a spiritual practice of unlocking and releasing the chakras and energy that is stored within us.
Here are 9 inspiring quotes about yoga that is sure to get you thinking:
- “The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.” - Yogi Bhajan
- “Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.” - B.K.S. Iyengar
- “You cannot do yoga. Yoga is your natural state. What you can do are yoga exercises, which may reveal to you where you are resisting your natural state.”- Sharon Gannon
- “Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.” - Unknown
- "Mindfulness helps you go home to the present. And every time you go there and recognize a condition of happiness that you have, happiness comes." - Thich Nhat Hanh
- "True meditation is about being fully present with everything that is--including discomfort and challenges. It is not an escape from life." - Craig Hamilton
- “Be a lamp to yourself. Be your own confidence. Hold on to the truth within yourself as to the only truth.” - Buddha
- "When the breath wanders the mind also is unsteady. But when the breath is calmed the mind too will be still, and the yogi achieves long life. Therefore, one should learn to control the breath." – Svatmarama, Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- "To perform every action artfully is yoga." – Swami Kripalu
RELATED: 4 Secret Benefits of Yoga
Sot there you have it. These are just a few amazing yoga quotes out here. Write down your favorite yoga quotes to deepen your practice. Namaste!